HomeGuestroomHoliday apartmentDirectionsContact

 

Adenau

is a city in the Hocheifel. The city is the seat of the municipality Adenau. Adenau bears the nickname "Johanniterstadt", as this order was established in the Middle Ages. The city coat of arms shows a lion and a cross. In Adenau is the Nordschleife of the Nürburgring, which runs close to the current edge of the town between track sections Adenauer Forst and Exmühle. The district Breidscheid was until 1952 an independent municipality. The lords of Breidscheid were mentioned in the 13th century. The chapel is the Breidscheider hl. Rochus and Sebastianus ordained and to have been built in 1630 as plague chapel. Breidscheid is next to Nürburg, Quiddelbach and Herschbroich one of four places that are within the Nordschleife of the Nürburgring.

History

992 Adenau was mentioned in documents for the first time under the Middle High German name "Adenova". Graf Ulrich von Are gave in 1162 his manor the Order of St. John (also called Order of Malta). This Adenau is to Duisburg and Advertise / Elbe to the third oldest branch of the Order in Germany. Under its chief (commander), the friars initially tried to nursing care of the sick and pilgrims. Until 1518 the parish was commander at the same time pastor of Adenau in the Kath. St. Johannes d. Baptist. The original priest Coming came the late 15th century. In the hand chivalrous commanders. Adenau in 1816 seat of an independent circle, the circle or Adenau Hocheifel circle with district, county government and all its duties and responsibilities. The circle Adenau was one of the poorest districts in Prussia. The built at the initiative of the then District Administrator Dr. Creutz Nürburgring was opened in 1927. 1932 county Adenau was dissolved and merged with the county Ahrweiler.

Attractions in Adenau

Historic market square with fountain

At Adenauer marketplace in the center of the town is a beautiful ensemble of historic buildings, some of which are listed buildings. The market fountain was built of basalt columns. timbered house from 1630. The house Stein am Markt 8, which was built in 1630, since 1992 is under the protection of the Haager Convention for the Protection of Cultural Property in the Event of Armed Conflict. The timbered house was built with three floors projecting over a vaulted cellar. The covered with slate top floor has an impressive, also a tail gable with slate. The roof vane of wrought iron, showing the initials of the builder Theodor Hütten and the year 1630 will, from time immemorial Sweden flag called, probably because the construction falls within the period of the Thirty Years' War, where at times the Swedish army had occupied the area.

Eifel farmers house museum

In the Schulstrasse, you can visit a typical farmhouse of the 19th century - from the milk kitchen to the parlor everything is true to the original set.

Local history and guild museum

The local history museum on the church place shows a nail smithy and a rich collection of objects and tools of various resident in Adenau craftsmen, among others saddler, shoemakers, carpenters and clothier.

Johanniter-Komturei

The Komturei (Commandery, synonymous Coming) was in the spiritual order of knights of the Johanniter a branch, mainly as an administrative unit responsible for the management of their goods, but there poor, pilgrims and travelers passing through religious members was also provided for the hospitality towards. Today the building serves as a meeting place. It is - as well as the local history museum - in the center of Adenau, close to Town Hall and District Court as well as the parish church of St. John.

Buttermarkt (Butter marked)

Located in the historic district Buttermarkt are several interesting houses - the oldest of 1396 - in its original state. A timbered house was demolished elsewhere in Adenau and faithfully reconstructed on the butter market. To remind us of the former use of the place, which gave its name to the area, there is the "Butter woman", a sculpture by the artist Georg Gehring.

Parish Church of St. John

The Catholic parish church of St. John the Baptist has existed since 1224. It is in the core more than 1000 years old. Over the centuries it has been modified several times, expanded, rebuilt, destroyed in wars and rebuilt. In today's state it contains Roman, late Gothic and neo-Gothic building parts.
Lady Chapel:
The Lady Chapel was built in 1893 in neo-Gothic style - on the site of an earlier chapel, which was dedicated to the Sorrowful Mother of God.

Internet

http://www.stadt-adenau.de

http://www.adenau.de

Partner

       
Hocheifel Nürburgring
hocheifel-nuerburgring.de
www.hocheifel-nuerburgring.de
Eifel.info
www.eifel.info
www.eifel.info
Ferienhausmiete.de
ferienhausmiete.de
www.ferienhausmiete.de
Erlebnisregion Nürburgring
www.eifel.info
www.erlebnisregion
nuerburgring.de
Nürburgring
ferienhausmiete.de
www.nuerburgring.de

Copyright: gaestezimmer-irene.de